28.1.10

OFFICE SPACE

After a lot of procrastination I finally moved into my new studio space. For the past year I had been working/making jewelry out of a spare room in my house . . . but after realizing that it would be a lot healthier/more exciting to leave my house and go somewhere to work on my jewelry, I bit the bullet.

The space is part of a studio art collective a couple miles away from where I live. . . My studio is surrounded by other artist collective spaces, a coffee shop, a natural grocery, a bread company that gives HUGE samples, and a great thrift store . . . not to mention it's only a short walk from where I go to yoga. This spot is also sweet because it's only about 1/4 mile away from my dad's metal shop (where I have unlimited access to every tool imaginable) . . . and at $90 a month the rent is pretty hard to beat.

I'll take some photos of the new space soon . . . the images below are of my office after removing all traces of jewelry making . . .

11 Comments:

Blogger Miss M said...

thats awesome! im sure having your own space will help the creative process.
you are very talented, have fun creating!
<3 Miss M

January 28, 2010 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Champagne Wishing said...

ok... so 5th photo down, the skull picture you have hanging... what is that from slash where could i find that image?! I know this is a long shot and it is probably something you just came across, but i am so in love with it! love love love! let me know

January 28, 2010 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger noirohio vintage said...

hell yeah! congrats on the new studio! can't wait to see the photos!

January 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM  
Anonymous Hannah R said...

congratulations!

mmm...great harvest. their cinnamon rolls are out of this world!

January 28, 2010 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger alden said...

Did I make you that bingo card ages ago?? It looks familiar....

January 29, 2010 at 2:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

this is just perfect! happy for you.

January 29, 2010 at 3:23 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

LOVE your photos, and can't wait to see your *new* space too :)

What kind of camera do you use? I am loving all of your own photos and would LOVE to see a portfolio of your stuff sometime...xo

Happy weekend musings!

January 29, 2010 at 10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This pictures are great, love looking at people's studios. So glad you "bit you bullet"!

January 29, 2010 at 12:03 PM  
Blogger bloodmilk. said...

i have a studio outside of my home as well // it's been wonderful! these are great shots.
xo

January 30, 2010 at 1:34 AM  
Blogger the girl in grey said...

Love those photos. How did you get them to look just so?
XO THE GIRL IN GREY

January 30, 2010 at 1:55 AM  
Blogger Youngest Indie said...

Fabulous.

January 31, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home